A Summer Charcuterie Board is the perfect make ahead no cook summer appetizer. Made with alone nine ingredients, this colorful and seasonal cheese board has fresh fruit, cured meats and batch of cheese. Serve this unique charcuterie board adjacent clock you ’ ra entertaining sleep together ones or for a luminosity dinner. It ’ south bang-up to bring to an event since it is easy to transport .
Tips and Tricks
What do you serve with a summer inspired cheese platter? This board was created to be light, refreshing and inspired by seasonal worker flavors. It goes great as an appetizer for a cinch with some wine or sandwiches.
Reading: Summer Charcuterie Board
Another option is to serve it aboard grilled or smoked meats and vegetables at a class or vacation outdoor party. Serve it aboard summer seafood down at the beach or host friends for a patio dinner party .
What do you drink with this summer cheese plate? Anything light and fruity would go great with this phonograph record. Some twinkle urine with a strawberry syrup, a odoriferous or balmy wine like rose, any light or fruity beer or a classic cocktail like a mojito .
How many people does this serve? As a primary appetizer, this will comfortably serve four to six people. If you ’ ve got a fortune of other food I ’ d say it serves 8-12 people. I recommend making it little and refreshing it if you plan on leaving it out for a while in the summer heat .
How do you store an assembled charcuterie board? If you have room in your electric refrigerator, you can store the hale board without the boodle and almonds, covered with formative wrap, beeswax wraps ( affiliate link ) or tin foil .
Store the slice baguettes and almonds at room temperature and add right before you serve. You can store this overnight in the electric refrigerator and up to 48 hours, although the mint might need to be refreshed .
Can you leave this out in the heat? I recommend keeping most ingredients in the electric refrigerator until you ’ re ready to serve it. Place it out as an appetizer and only leave it out while people are eating ; about an hour .
It ’ south best to keep it in a louche sphere and not in direct sun. Another great estimate is to prep all the ingredients but keep the reserves in the electric refrigerator. refresh ingredients from the electric refrigerator as they get eaten .
What do you do with leftovers? You can use the cheese in a variety of ways, capricorn tall mallow is great in sandwiches, in creamy pesto pasta or in eggs. The alpine cheese will melt well and can be used in macintosh and cheese, omelets or even on burgers .
Another option is to make yourself a small DIY pornographic lunchable for lunch the next day ! The fruit and jam can be used in smoothies or made into a compote for pancakes .
Use the mint for mojitos. I like to snack on almonds but you can add them to a salad. Leftover baguet is capital for croutons or breadcrumbs .
ultimately, the salami can be put on a salad, added to a pizza or eaten in a sandwich. The options are unlimited but I often good eat a smaller version of the charcuterie display panel the adjacent day .
How do you store leftovers from a cheese board? Store any leftover cheese in an airtight container in the electric refrigerator. Store all fruit together in an airtight container in the electric refrigerator. Salami can be put in a reclaimable varnish container in the electric refrigerator .
If you have leftover throng, memory that in a plastered container in the electric refrigerator. Almonds and baguettes should be stored in airtight containers on the counter. It is unvoiced to store already picked mint, so I ’ five hundred either use it in a mojito or toss it .
- Herbed goat cheese – Use a fresh spreadable goat cheese
- Alpine cheese – A semi firm cheese with nutty and grass notes
- Strawberry jam – Goes great with baguettes and goat cheese
- Toasted baguettes – Provides a vessel to eat cheese and some extra crunch
- Salami – A salty, meaty addition
- Cherries – Seasonal fruit that is easy to eat
- Blackberries – Adds some tart/sweet flavor to the board
- Almonds – Adds a crunch and compliments the alpine cheese
- Mint – It’s pretty and smells like summer
See recipe poster below for specific quantities .
What is alpine cheese? Alpine cheese is a stylus of cheese typically made in the Alps region in Europe, although they can be made outside of Europe in a like style .
Cheeses include swiss cheese, gruyere, comte or emmenthal. The cheese I used was Pleasant Ridge Reserve ( consort liaison ), made in Wisconsin, USA only made in the summer months from eatage feed cows. This can be difficult to find, so any grass fed cheese OR alpine style will work well hera .
How do you make a summer charcuterie board? Like any cheese platter, it will taste beneficial no count how you arrange it. Below is a simple guidebook to get you started but feel free to add your own singular style and twists .
Turn on your broiler and topographic point a rack on the top shelf. While it is warming, slice the baguet into ¼ inch pieces and position in a single layer on a tabloid tray. lightly spray with oil and toast for one to two minutes until lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and set aside .
future, place the herb crusted capricorn cheese on board, somewhere slightly off kernel but not directly against the border .
optionally, but adds ocular interest if your alpine cheese has it, cut the cheese out of the rind and save the rind. If not, good cube/triangle up the alpine tall mallow. Place the rind opposite of the goat cheese and add cut up tall mallow inside the rind .
If the cheeses are at 12 and 6 oclock on a clock, place the jamming in a modest bowl at either 3 or 9 oclock .
Stack up your bread and format it down the center of the board. You can make it all burst by adding a arch or two into the bread arrangement. If you are making this ahead of time, leave a spot for the bread but wear ’ metric ton put it on the board if it ’ s going into the refrigerator .
Take a piece of salami and fold it over twice. Continue to do this until you ’ ve folded about half the salami and with the edges facing up, add to the board near the capricorn cheese. finish folding the rest and add it near the alpine tall mallow .
Between the goat cheese and the baguettes, add in the cherries. This will fill a large helping of your board or you can replenish as they get eaten. On the antonym side of the baguettes, add in the blackberries .
Add the almonds to any areas that need to be filled. If you ’ ve filled your board, move around some of the fruit to make room for the almonds. Leave these off if you ’ re making the board ahead of meter and store in the electric refrigerator .
garnishee with mint for some color and aroma .
How do you fold salami? Simply take a piece of salami and fold it in half once and then again. I continue to fold until I have a fair sum and then place it on the board .
It ’ s an optional step but it looks great and makes it slowly to grab a slice. It ’ s a personal pet peeve of mine when ingredients on a cheese board are arduous to pick up .
How do you toast baguettes? This is another optional step but it decidedly brings the phonograph record up a notch. To do this, merely slice the baguet into quarter edge slices and identify on a sheet tray .
lightly spray the baguet with anoint and space under the broiler for one to two minutes until lightly toasted. The boodle should be slenderly crunchy but not crouton arduous .
Hint: Leave baguettes and almonds off the board if prepping ahead of time and store in the electric refrigerator. Add right earlier serving to maintain their texture .
What substitutions can you make? These are suggestions in case you can ’ metric ton find any of the ingredients or want to try something different. Remember this is no amiss way to make a cheese control panel .
- Goat cheese substitute: bite sized fresh mozzarella balls
- Alpine cheese substitute: try to look for a grass fed semi firm cheese or anything nutty
- Strawberry jam substitute: any fruit jam like fig jam or raspberry jam
- Toasted baguettes substitute: hearty whole grain crackers
- Salami substitute: prosciutto, cut up smoked sausage or any cured meat
- Cherry substitute: any fresh summer fruit that looks good that day at the market
- Blackberry substitute: any fresh summer berries like raspberries, strawberries, blueberries
- Almond substitute: cashews or shelled pistachios
- Mint substitute: parsley (basil will wilt quickly)
This charcuterie board was inspired by summer produce, but if you need more inspiration, check out a few of my early democratic boards with easy to find ingredients .
- Thanksgiving/Fall inspired board with cheddar, figs and apples
- Easter/Spring inspired board with cheese spread, melon and prosciutto
- Football/Game Day inspired board with summer sausage, pickles and pretzels
What is the best board to use to make a cheese plate? The best control panel to use is one that you already have. In the photograph, I used a polish wooden board but you can besides use a marble round off board ( affiliate connect ) .
If you don ’ t have a large round control panel, feel barren to use a large baking plane tray with a lip ( affiliate connection ). It ’ ll be slowly to clean, the perfect size for a summer charcuterie board and super convenient to travel with .
If the weather is hot, homework ingredients ahead of time and keep in the electric refrigerator until right ahead serving to keep ingredients fresh .
Holiday and Themed Cheese Boards
Check out more vacation and seasonal worker cheese boards !
Summer Charcuterie Board
The best no cook summer appetizer for when you ’ re entertaining or want a lightly dinner is the Summer Charcuterie Board. This cheese board can be made ahead of meter, uses seasonal worker fruit and as a bonus it travels well .
- 8 oz baguet
- petroleum atomizer
- 4 oz fresh capricorn cheese with herbs
- 8 oz grass feed alpine tall mallow
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- ½ pound salami folded
- ½ pound fresh cherries
- 12 oz clean blackberries
- 2-3 oz almonds
- 2-3 sprigs of newly mint
Prevent your screen from going dark
- Turn your broiler on high and move an oven rack to the highest shelf. Cut baguettes into ¼ column inch pieces and place in a single layer on a sheet tray. lightly spray with vegetable oil and toast under the broiler for 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted on one side. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool .
- rate the butt cheese off center toward the border of the phonograph record .
- If your alpine tall mallow has a rind, cut the cheese out cautiously and keep the outer edge of the rind. Cut the tall mallow up into little bite size pieces like cubes or triangles. Add the rind to the tall mallow phonograph record opposition of the goat cheese. Add cut tall mallow to the inside of the rind. If your cheese doesn ’ thyroxine have a rind, precisely cut into minor bite size pieces and place them together .
- Put the crush in a belittled bowling ball and place between the two cheeses, away center on the board .
- Arrange the bread down the middle of the display panel by stacking the pieces together. If you need to, add a arch to the row of bread to be able to fit more .
- Take the beginning half of the salami and piece by piece fold it in half once and then in half again. Add this row of salami to the circuit board with the edges facing up near the goat cheese. reprise with the second half of the salami and position near the alpine cheese .
- Between the capricorn tall mallow and the baguettes, add the cherries. Leave the stems on the cherries to make them easy to pick up .
- On the antonym side of the baguet, add the blackberries .
- Fill in any holes or sparse spots with almonds .
- Garnish the circuit board with mint and service .
- All amounts are approximations, use as much or as little as you want or can fit on your board. You can always lay some out and then add more as necessary to keep it fresh.
- It’s best to put this recipe out for only 1-2 hours depending on summer heat and keep it in the shade.
- If you can’t find the herb crusted goat cheese, any fresh chevre (goat cheese) will work just as well.
- Any alpine or grass fed cheese will work for the board.
- Store leftover fruit, jam, cheese and meats separately in airtight containers in the fridge.
- Store leftover baguettes and almonds separately in an airtight container on the counter.
Tried this recipe ? Want More ? Subscribe to the newsletter for more spirit originally published April 19, 2020. Reposted with new tips and tricks on April 19, 2021. Updated with more clearness and better tips on April 3, 2022 .