Learn how to do visualize transfer using Mod Podge. See how to make image transfer shuttlecock coasters from start to finish. This craft is a great endowment !
Hi Kenarry readers ! It ’ sulfur Jennifer and Kitty ( the O ’ Neil Sisters, from RunningWithSisters.com ), and we are so happy to plowshare a modern DIY project with you : easy Image Transfer Bird Coasters ! We chose to do the image transfer onto agrestic forest slice coasters. And male child do they do a fortune of the workplace ! We love the bark around the edges and the natural forest grain that shows through the images. thus cool !
disclosure : This web log military post contains affiliate links for products or services we think you ’ ll like. This means if you make a buy from one of these links, Ideas for the Home by Kenarry® will make a small commission at no extra price to you so we can keep the great ideas for the base coming your way. All opinions expressed are derived from personal experience .
We have a video showing everything you ’ ll need to make these double transfer boo coasters. And we ’ ll take you through the trope transfer process footprint by gradation. We chose bird clip art for our imagination, but you can use any clip art you like ! You could choose a seasonal worker theme, like botanicals for leap, seashells for summer, and woodland friends for winter. The sky ’ s the limit ! If you ’ d like to personalize your coasters, you can use pics of friends and family –– or even your pets. Whatever you choose, precisely be sure to have them printed on a laser printer. And have fun !
How To Make The Image Transfer Bird Coasters
Materials & Tools
1. Before you get started with the craft, pick out some artwork. We went to Graphics Fairy on-line to find our birds. But Dover Clip Art Books are great sources for imagination, excessively, and they have lots of themes and amazing images ! Resize the pictures you choose to fit your coasters. We made our birds 3.5″ across and put all four on one page in the computer. then we took the file to our local imitate place to have it printed on a good Laser printer. It entirely cost $ 1.50 for two printouts. ( We got two copies in case we messed one up ! ) If you have any words or photos of people, reverse the images since they will go on the coasters face down .
2. now you ’ re fix to craft ! Cut out each bird ( or whatever your pictures are. ) We like to use little scissors for detail cutting like this. We tend to hold the scissors in place and move the art into the scissors for curves and things. Don ’ metric ton forget to cut out areas like the space between the birds ’ legs .
3. next figure out how you want to place each bird on each coaster. Remember that the bird art will go on boldness down .
4. To make the first base coaster, use the craft paintbrush to paint a layer of Mod Podge on the front of the boo visualize. The layer doesn ’ thymine motivation to be besides thick, but the entire movement of the image needs to be coated in Mod Podge .
5. Place the dame word picture on the coaster face down. gently rub the dame picture down, squeezing any excess Mod Podge out. Make sure the whole movie has contact with the coaster. duplicate for all four coasters. Let dry completely. We recommend letting them dry nightlong to get the best results.
6. When the coasters are dry, you are ready to remove the back. To do this, dampen the sponge foam paintbrush. Use it to moisten a small sphere of the image. As the paper backing gets wet, it will start to look open. When you can see the image through the wallpaper, it ’ sulfur time to start removing the paper. gently rub the newspaper with a damp finger in a round motion. The paper will start to pill up and pieces will roll off. Take your clock time with this step sol you can be careful not to remove any of the visualize –– barely the paper back. And preceptor ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate concern if you don ’ t remove all the newspaper back in one take. just do a first pass and let it dry .
7. As the coaster dries, you will see a ashen film still on the prototype. This is what ’ second left of the composition back. It is much easier to see this when the coaster is dry, so it ’ second worth the wait ! Repeat the process to remove the newspaper bet on. Dampen a small sphere with the foam paintbrush and gently rub the paper backing off with a dampen finger. repeat for all four coasters .
8. Let the coasters dry again. When there is about no white haze left, you are ready to seal the coasters. It ’ second o if they look a bitty bite brumous. The sealant will make the images undimmed again like when they were wet. Spray them with a coat of clear spray paint sealant to make them waterproof and protect the images. optional : Add little rubber or felt feet to the backs of the coasters .
How cute did these turn out ? ! We ’ re hooked on this work and merely went out and bought more wood slice coasters. Everyone is getting these as gifts this year ! There is besides a big stake on how to transfer images onto candles right here on Kenarry. Remember if you have any questions while you are doing your prototype transfer, equitable leave us a gossip and we ’ ll answer. We are here to help !
Jennifer & Kitty
Like this stick out ? You might besides like these crafts from the O ’ Neil Sisters :
Fabric Covered Pears
Applique Leaf Table Runner
Upcycled Window Shelf
Upcycled Window Shelf While you ’ re here, be sure to check out other DIY coasters on Ideas for the Home by Kenarry®. You might enjoy some of these projects :