How to publish your web site with Dreamweaver
This article describes how to publish a network site created in Adobe Dreamweaver to an A2 Hosting waiter .
This article assumes that you have already created a web locate using Dreamweaver, and you are ready to publish it to an A2 Hosting network waiter .
Publishing a Dreamweaver web site to an A2 Hosting server
After you create a world wide web site in Dreamweaver, you can publish it to the A2 Hosting waiter associated with your report. To do this, follow these steps :
- Start Dreamweaver and open your web site project.
- Click the connect to Remote Server
- In the Site Setup dialogue box, click the Add new server icon :
- In the Server Name text box, type a descriptive name for the server, which can be anything you want :
- In the Connect using list box, select SFTP.
- In the SFTP Address text corner, type your sphere name ( for example, example.com ).
If you have not set up your world to point to A2 Hosting ‘s list servers so far, you can use the name of the server that hosts your account rather. For information about how to determine your report ‘s server name, please see this article
- In In the port text box, type 7822.
- In the Username text box, type your A2 Hosting account ( cPanel ) username.
If you do not know your cPanel username or password, you can use the A2 Hosting Customer Portal to view it. For more information, please see this article
- In the Password text box, type your A2 Hosting account ( cPanel ) password.
If you do not want to retype your password every time you connect to your score, select the
check box .
- Click test. When you receive a Dreamweaver connected to your Web server successfully message, click all right. If you receive an error message, click all right
, verify the settings you provided in steps 4 to 9, and then try again.
- In the Root Directory textbook corner, type /home/username/public_html, where username represents your account ( cPanel ) username.
The /home/username/public_html path assumes that you want to upload files to your vane web site ‘s document root directory. If you want to upload files to a subdirectory rather, then add it to the end of the path .
- In the Web URL text box, type hypertext transfer protocol : //www.example.com, where example.com represents your domain name.
- Click Save, and then click Save again.
- When Dreamweaver prompts you to recreate the hoard, click oklahoma :
- To connect to your A2 Hosting account, click the Connect to Remote Server icon :
- After Dreamweaver connects to your report, click the Synchronize with Remote Server icon :
- In the Synchronize with Remote Server dialogue box, in the Synchronize list box, choice Entire ‘sitename ‘ Site, where sitename represents your stick out ‘s name :
- In the guidance list box, select Put newer files to remote.
- Click preview.
- Review the list of files to upload, and then click oklahoma.
- After Dreamweaver uploads the files to your A2 Hosting account, you can view them in any web browser.
What is Dreamweaver?
Dreamweaver created by Macromedia in 1997. In 2005, Adobe purchased Macromedia, and that included Dreamweaver. Adobe continued to develop and improve upon Dreamweaver .
Dreamweaver is loaded with features that have helped it become a popular web page builder solution. hera are some of those features :
- Toggle between you code view and the design view.
- Coding suggestions makes it quicker to build your site, with fewer potential mistakes.
- Dreamweaver highlights the different code types in different colors making it easy to differentiate between each.
- Properties menu allows you to include links, change colors, update fonts and select heading sizes with ease.
- Preview modes lets you view what your website will look like before you publish it live to the web.
Learn more about Dreamweaver
For more data about Adobe Dreamweaver, please visit hypertext transfer protocol : //www.adobe.com/products/dreamweaver .