Virtual Appliance Setup
once you create a remote control in SecureX orchestration, you can deploy the virtual appliance OVA and apply the shape you downloaded. here ’ s a summary of this process :
- Download the latest version of the SecureX orchestration remote OVA.
- Generate an SSH key pair and console password.
- Deploy the OVF template.
- Verify remote connectivity.
- (Optional) Define NTP servers.
Download the OVA
- In SecureX orchestration, navigate to the Remote Configuration page (under the Admin section).
- Click the Download Appliance link next to the New Remote button:
If you want to verify the charge hashish of the OVA, please refer to the following table :
|File Name||SHA256 Hash|
Deploying the VM
- In your VMware vCenter node, correct cluck on the booklet you want to deploy the remote control in and choose Deploy OVF Template :
Reading: Virtual Appliance Setup
- Select the Local file choice, select the distant OVA you downloaded, and click Next :
- Give the virtual appliance a unique diagnose, confirm the machine ’ second placement, and click Next :
- Select the calculate resource to deploy the virtual appliance on and chink Next :
- Review the details of the deployment and click Next.
- Select the datastore you want to use for the virtual appliance and click Next.
- Note: We recommend a minimum of 30 GB of disk space be available for an orchestration remote.
- Select the network you want to deploy the virtual appliance on and suction stop Next :
- On the customize template screen, you’ll need to provide some information:
- Provide a unique ID and hostname for the virtual appliance :
- (Optional) Provide an SSH public key for SSH access (see these instructions).
Encoded user-datato the contents of
remotePackage.zipyou downloaded during remote creation).
- Provide a password for the virtual appliance for cabinet entree ( the username will be
- Click Next.
- Review all of the virtual appliance’s details and, if everything looks correct, click Finish.
once the virtual appliance finishes deploying, be certain to power it on ! Once on-line, the outside ’ second condition should change from
Not Connected to
Connected on the remotes list in SecureX orchestration. eminence that a newly deployed distant can take up to 10 minutes to show as connect !
(Optional) Define NTP Servers
After deploying your SecureX orchestration distant, you can configure the virtual appliance to use custom NTP servers using these steps :
- Log in to your virtual appliance by either:
- Opening a console to the VM in vCenter and logging in with your password; or
- SSHing to the VM using the key pair you created during setup.
- Open the file
/etc/chrony/chrony.confand change the NTP servers to your preferred servers.
- Save and close the file.
- Run the following command to restart the NTP service and check that the time is correct:
systemctl restart chronyd ; watch chronyc tracking.
Generating an SSH Key Pair
If you want to be able to SSH to your distant appliance, you ’ ll necessitate to generate a key pair for authentication. You can use any key couple you want, american samoa retentive as it ’ south valid for a standard Ubuntu
authorized_hosts file. Below, we give examples of how to generate a default option RSA winder couple.
- Open a terminal.
- Execute the command:
ssh-keygen -t rsa -b 4096 -f /path/to/output/keypair(for a 4096-bit RSA key).
- If you want to use a passphrase, provide it and then confirm it. If not, press enter twice.
- A public and private key will be generated at the path you provided. In this example:
keypairwill contain the private key.
keypair.pubwill contain the public key.
One of the easiest ways to generate a key match on Windows is by using the PuTTygen utility :
- Download PuTTygen from this page (look for
puttygen.exeunder Alternative binary files).
- If you want a passphrase on your key pair, provide it in Key passphrase and Confirm passphrase.
- Select the type of key and key length at the bottom of the window (we recommend at least a 2048-bit RSA key).
- Click the Generate button.
- Use the Save public key and Save private key buttons to export the keys.
now that you ’ ve deployed the SXo remote virtual appliance, you can configure your on-premises targets to use it ! prey shape