VirtualBox is a popular cross-platform virtualization tool, with which we can virtualize any engage arrangement ( guest ) from our operate on system ( host ). With the help of VirtualBox we have the ability to test any OS without having to reformat our equipment .
Among the operate on systems that VirtualBox supports are GNU / Linux, Mac OS X, OS / 2, Windows, Solaris, FreeBSD, MS-DOS, and many others. With which we can not lone test different systems, but besides We can also take advantage of virtualization to test hardware and applications in another system that is not ours .
today VirtualBox is in its latest version 5.2.8, brings numerous improvements among which we found direct support for Linux kernel 4.15. possibly some of the most interesting is that the necessary corrections have already been made for the 3D options that caused respective bugs .
For Linux, several improvements have already been planted, such as the one that commented on the hold for the latest Kernel, also fixed the bug that made the VirtualBox window It will mechanically resize when you change the screen size .
We besides found respective corrections in audio and video, of the other improvements that we find in virtualbox are the following:
- Other notable changes and improvements that are included in the Virtualbox 5.2.8 release include:
- Support for FSGSBASE, PCID, INVPCID CPU functions for guests
- Improved automatic window resizing on HiDPI displays
- Solution for a smooth integration mode regression
Fixed crash when opening new machine wizard.
- Added support for distinguishing recording sources in the PulseAudio mixer on the host when running multiple virtual machines.
- Storage: Fixed overwriting of certain query data for DVD / CD drive connected to AHCI controller.
- Storage: Fixed Managed VMDK Images Created by Amazon EC2 VM Export
- Network: PXE boot regression fixed on e1000
- Network – Added workaround for older guests that does not enable bus domain for virtio PCI device
- DirectSound backend improvements
- Best file looking support for recorded files in Firefox
- HDA emulation on Windows guests
- Fix for black screen when 3D is enabled on Linux guests
- Suppress setuid, setgid on shared folders on Linux guests
How to install VirtualBox 5.2.8 on Ubuntu?
Read more: Medical Website Hosting | RemedyConnect
If you already have a version of this software installed on your computer and you want to update to this version I recommend that you uninstall the one you have to avoid problems, for this we must open a terminal and execute the adopt instruction :
sudo apt-get remove virtualbox sudo apt-get purge virtualbox
Now we proceed to install the new version, we continue in the terminal and execute the come commands :
First we must add the repository to our sources.list
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/virtualbox.list'
now we proceed to import the populace key :
wget -q https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox_2016.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
We add it to the system :
wget -q https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
now we proceed to update our tilt of repositories :
sudo apt-get update
It is highly authoritative to have the follow, so that we guarantee the operation of VirtualBox :
sudo apt-get -y install gcc make linux-headers-$(uname -r) dkms
And ultimately we proceed to install the application to our system :
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-5.2
now to verify that the initiation was done :
As an extra dance step we can improve the functioning of VirtualBox With the help of a package, this software enables VRDP ( Virtual Remote Desktop Protocol ), solves the problem with the small settlement that VirtualBox runs, and many other improvements .
To install it, run the following commands :
curl -O http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/5.2.8/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.2.8-121009.vbox-extpack sudo VBoxManage extpack install Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-5.2.8-121009.vbox-extpac
We accept the terms and conditions and install the software .
To verify that it was installed correctly :
VBoxManage list extpacks
And ready with it, we already have VirtualBox installed on our system, you fair have to go to your application menu and run it. now it lone remains for you to take advantage of the benefits that this great program offers us .