mortal Kombat X is a reasonably good fight game. I have a few problems with it ; most notably the eldritch dial-a-combos and ageless, over-powerful juggles – but those are my problems, not problems with the game itself. The game does have problems though, specially on personal computer .
I warned against getting the personal computer adaptation. The developer creditworthy, high voltage, is ill-famed for making bad ports of games – to a point where Konami had to hire another developer to fix one of its bad ports. And despite a 15GB patch to the PC interpretation of Mortal Kombat X, users still report a overplus of issues that sometimes make the game borderline unplayable.
Redditor Mystic87 has summed up the haunting problems in the personal computer crippled .
here ’ s the great big list :
- Fighters transitions gone after fixes (those transitions after select character, variation and stage. Fighters face off talking things and gestures before loading start. Those animations are great and add personality. Is important and they are already there. Users want it in the game please).
- Crashes caused by a critical memory leak this game has.
- PC players stats are bugged like wins/losses, etc. Because of this bug is very hard to get revenant Liu Kang and Kung Lao skins.
- High online input lag. Netcode and matchmaking need some improvement.
- Ping bars not showing to many people for connection check. Grey ping bars or neverending loading.
- PC main menu isn’t updated like console (store picture, living tower picture never change).
- After last patch, some players lost their progress. Save game erased.
- We need an option to choose UI/subtitles language in the game.
- Krypt Spider Swich Lever Passage lever bug. After first visit if you don’t open the door, and exit to the menu, some or all lever will be inactive when you reenter the krypt and you can’t pass the door anymore.
- Some gold chests impossible to open in the krypt (the ones that appear for a brief moment of time).
- After losing a match on the Test Your Might tower, and opting to select a new character, the game will lock, not allowing your cursor to move.
- After buttons remapping the movelist not change to reflect the new buttons.
- Gold Scorpion/Cold war skin not showing up even though the code’s already been redeemed.
- Button combo 1+2 (for stage interactions) no longer works after 15gb patch on arcade stick.
- Every now and then a character loses the animation sequence for their fatalities. The fatality works and is awarded, but the “dead” character just stands wobbling. The only way to fix this is to restart the game and then that character’s fatality works again.
- Kombat Kard – Icon: Noxious IV + 0 per Match Win (as Reptile)
- Lower overall graphics quality after last 15 gb patch (optimizations was quality nerf).
- For some weird reason the resolution option 1980×1920 @60hz is missing. Instead of that I get two times the option 1920×1080 @59hz.
- In the end of Mileena’s tasty treat Fatality, her mask appears on her face again on its own. (can be seen especially when using kahnum skin and probably the vampiress as well).
- Game does not remember/save DSR resolution settings after being restarted.
That…that ’ s a batch of issues. I ’ ve been playing on PS4, which doesn ’ t have about that many issue. I will say though that the netcode seems to be a fiddling askew. Where it worked rather well, I ’ m finding fewer and fewer games play smoothly on-line – and for a game where longevity relies on multiplayer, that ’ s not good enough .
high electric potential does seem to be aware of all the problems, adding this on Facebook :
Read more: Best Hosts for Bootstrap Projects
“ Hi everyone ! Thank you all so much for your patience and support while we address the issues many of you have encountered in MKX. As most of you are mindful, we released a while over the weekend that fixed a issue of issues including the dead Woods and the Main Menu freeze. Please know that we are continuing to work on the crashes and performance issues that have been reported, and hope to release extra patches in the near future. Thanks again everyone ! ”
Are you experiencing issues with Mortal Kombat X on personal computer ? Have you – like many, it seems – moved on to other games ?
final Updated :